Saturday, January 31, 2015

Book Club Bingo

Have you heard about ConnectED Bingo Event? (Read about the event HERE.) What a fantastic idea! I was very excited to provide another opportunity for my students to connect with students from other schools. Even though I liked many of the activities that were listed on the bingo board, I wanted a little simpler tasks for my first graders. So, I have decided to BORROW the idea and create a new bingo board. A wonderful teacher from my Twitter PLN, Michael Ross and I brainstormed ideas for the activities, and here is what we have come up with.

View the Kid President pep talk (QR code in the middle) before you start! 

You can play this bingo as a class or let students work with a partner or individually. Whatever works for you! Creation can be made using iPad apps, paper & pencil, or dry erase board.  Just take a screen shot or picture of their creations and post them at #bcbingo15 (Book Club Bingo 2015).  We have the whole month of February to play this event. Your students can post a picture of the bingo board once they get Bingo (5 activities in a row)! 

Prizes for getting Bingo? How about fun that they had connecting with students from other schools via Twitter? 

Here are some graphic organizers for some activities if you prefer to use them.

Also here is an example of movie trailer that Michael's class created using iMovie app. 


Please contact me if you have any questions!