Sunday, February 10, 2013

100th Day Celebration

I wrote about my plan about the QR code scavenger hunt for the 100th day of school (click here to view the post).  Well, I have to say it was a huge success.  The students worked together to hunt for the QR codes and solve math problems.  There are four sections of first grade in my school.  After the hunt, my team got together and talked about which problems the students were having trouble with.  It was a fun activity but also became a very good formative assessment.  Our conversation was filled with "I should be practicing more on..."

Do you use QR codes in your classroom?  Can you share how you are using them in the comment?


Every year my students bring a collection of 100 to school.  We weigh the collections to compare the weight and practice grouping 100 items.  This year my students recorded their grouping activity using Educreations.  They took pictures and recorded how they counted.




They embedded the Educreations lesson on their blog to share it with their family and well, with the world!  My twitter friends Mrs. Lirenman from Canada and Mrs. Hino from Japan left a comment on our blog.  My students were soooo excited and couldn't believe people from other countries could view their blog;)