Monday, January 7, 2013

Dropbox & SMART Board

We are learning about three states of matter in science.
My students went around the classroom to find matter then took a picture of them with the iPod Touches.
I'm sure many of you use Dropbox.  All the iPod Touches in my classroom have the Dropbox app so that I was able to get all the photos that my students took on my laptop.  No more USB cables, hooray!


After getting the photos, I went into a SMART Notebook page and used a screen capture tool to import all the images onto the Notebook page.  The capture tool lets me clip the photo and automatically pastes it onto the Notebook page.  No going back and forth to paste the images.

After these simple steps, I had a page that my students could sort the objects into solids, liquids and gasses.  Tomorrow I am planning on having them make a poster on iPad using the photos that they took.